This is one of the most informative, revealing, and educational presentations Wally P. has ever made. It contains a
treasure-trove of historically accurate source documentation that the Twelve-Step community has not had access to before now.
This workshop was held in Boca Raton, FL on February 20-21, 2016. It is only the second time this six CD set has ever been recorded.
Volume One, which contains eight CD’s, was made at the Wilson House in East Dorset, VT in 1996. These presentations consist of archival materials
Wally has collected and woven into PowerPoint presentations between 1996 and 2015. The sessions are:
- The Four Spiritual Activities (How Bill W., Dr. Bob and the first 100 took the Steps before the “Big Book” was written.)
- Back to the Basics of Sponsorship (How newcomers were taken through the Steps “quickly and often” during the 1940’s.)
- The Four Founding Moments of
A.A. from the Akron Perspective (Wally is the first person to ever make this presentation.)
- Unsung Heroes: Lois Wilson and Anne Smith (Wally is the caretaker of the personal archives of Dr. Bob and Anne Smith.)
- Stump the Archivist (Questions from attendees about the “early days.”)
- The History of Steps Eleven and Twelve. (How these steps evolved throughout the years preceding the writing of the “Big Book.”)
In the 1940's Big Book Studies (Closed Discussion Meetings) and Guidance Meetings (a carryover from the Oxford Group Meetings of
the 1930's in which Bill W., Dr. Bob and the A.A. pioneers got sober) were an integral part of the process of obtaining and maintaining contented sobriety.
They provided an environment in which to learn more about A.A.'s "design for living" and to build upon the spiritual foundation on which the entire
program is based.
This six CD set can be purchased from the SonCoast Community
Church, where it was recorded, for $25.00 plus shipping and
handling. Call 561-997-6109 and ask for Greg Lunn, the
Information Technology Supervisor.
SonCoast Community Church
7500 E. Country Club Blvd
Boca Raton, FL 33487